If all of this isn’t convincing enough, there’s another reason to believe that telekinesis is nothing more than a giant sham: the laws of Physics themselves. Science is the studying and testing of how the world works, and there’s a reason that most scientists don’t gobble up this tom-foolery. There are four basic forces in the universe that effect matter. The strong and weak forces only effect the world of the super small. They just don’t have the range to effect anything larger than an atom. That leaves us with Gravity and Electromagnetism.
To paraphrase Physicist Sean Carrol, an electro-magnetic field powerful enough to move a distant spoon would be “laughably easy to detect.” And our brains just aren’t physically “constructed to generate or focus such fields.” He wrote a great article about it for Discover Magazine and also breaks down why there’s pretty good reason to believe that psychics aren’t tapping into some unknown 5th force - I’ll link to it below.
And as for gravity, you’d have to have a freaking huge head to have a gravitational pull that strong, and it wouldn’t just tug on the spoon. But then again some of these psychics do have pretty big heads. Brain waves just aren’t physically strong enough nor do they have the range to move objects at a distance. You can, however, connect wires to the brain allowing you to control robotic hands. It’s not telekinesis, but it’s probably the closest to it, and blatantly shows how science once again, is our best shot at accomplishing the medical miracles that superstition & pseudoscientific fakery can only ever dream of. This entire series on psychics has been a blast so far, but you may be asking yourself. Why cover this at all? What’s the harm? And trust me, I will deal with that in the next video in this series.
Thanks! And as always, Dare to be curious! But don’t drink the Koolaid.
- Nature – Moving robot arm: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ogBX18maUiM
- Nina Kalagula: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lh8gaGu-dKY
- Sean Carroll Article: http://blogs.discovermagazine.com/cosmicvariance/2008/02/18/telekinesis-and-quantum-field-theory/#.Wva5aNMvzOS
- Telekinesis via Magnets: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fe7eim_a5GM
- Telekinesis via Static Electricity: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H6vOaCBsWJM
- Telekinesis via invisible Thread: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFqCSsFxPjk
- Weird Al’s Mysterious Floating Orb: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xGaP1Ob7KaU
- Simon Pierro replicating Nina Kulagina’s tricks: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zXuI0Bgb9mc
- Enrique Márquez replicating Nina Kulagina’s tricks: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1R7JkU8Pivw
- James Randi replicating Nina Kulagina’s tricks: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HZPdBWTaMVQ
- James Hydrick Exposed by Randi: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QlfMsZwr8rc
- James Hydrick Confessing to Danny Korem: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=30o7_iy-O1g
- Uri Gellar Exposed by Johnny Carson & James Randi: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M9w7jHYriFo
- Uri Geller Loses His Temper in Spoon Council Interview: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zPY-Eo2XMjs
- Michael Shermer (Skeptic) Examines Cutlery in a lab: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h3X9h1WlQpA
- Psychic Cringe Fails 3 - Touchless KNOCKOUT (Chi) Fails: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Etblbd3r5I
Connect with me here:
And I’m proud to announce that if you want to support future episodes with a one-time donation without pledging on Patreon, you can now do so. Holy Koolaid now accepts Paypal, Bitcoin, checks, and Venmo donations. You guys rock! Thank you for all of your love and support, and don’t drink the Koolaid.
Like this post? Please Share It 🙂